So what is so special about the Boston fintech community that makes it an ideal place to put up a fintech shingle?
In a nutshell, the organizations that support fintechs – large and small – here in Boston are outstanding. To name just a few that helped us and many other start-ups along the way:
- Northeastern’s student-led venture accelerator, IDEA Lab, where our co-founders, Zac and Ryan, collaborated in making Elsen a reality.
- The FinTech Sandbox provided us with a platform to showcase our company and provided introductions to key investors, VCs, other vendors, and industry executives. We are proud to be an alumnus of the FinTech Sandbox and enjoy giving back to an organization that helped us get off the ground.
- The MIT Fintech Conference is a must-go-to event here in Boston, and the conference features a world-class slate of keynote speakers and panelists to discuss the latest trends and innovation shaping fintech. It is unique in that it is student-led and run. Our team looks forward to the conference every year where we can mingle with the best and the brightest in our space.
- As part of the inaugural MassChallenge Fintech Cohort in 2019, Elsen was able to work closely with the MassChallenge partner network. We participated alongside an amazing network of fellow startups from all over the country like Cake, Digital Onboarding, AlphaSense, Forward Lane, Coalesce.ai, eGiftify and WalletFi – just to name a few. We had a fantastic cohort experience and are happy to volunteer our time – Zac, our CEO, and co-founder is always on hand to help out whenever he is needed, and Jane, our CMO currently serves a judge for the program.
- Boston FinTech Week brings together the financial services and technology ecosystem through discussions, collaboration, and diverse networking. It is a week full of deep dives on the critical evolution underway in financial services and what it means to entrepreneurs, investors, institutions, and importantly, the consumer.
- Elsen had the pleasure of sharing space with the DCU Fintech Innovation Center way back in 2014 before we were even called Elsen. The DCU does a great job of helping early-stage start-ups get in the game with their accelerator program which covers the usual suspects in sub-sectors, e.g., blockchain. We like to think that while we were not a member of their program, we did pick up something by osmosis.
Elsen’s technology is driving excellence in data management and analytic capabilities for customers around the world in part because of the huge support we got from the Boston fintech community. We look forward to serving more asset managers, sovereign wealth funds and hedge funds in 2020, and being a part of the fintech innovation wave of the future.